Slip and Fall
Slip and fall accidents are both more common and more dangerous than many people realize, and they’re often the result of negligence on the part of commercial property owners. If a slip and fall accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence leaves you or someone you care about injured, don’t wait to consult with an experienced Moncks Corner slip and fall accident attorney.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports on exactly how dangerous and prevalent slip and fall accidents are with the following statistics:
- A full 20 percent of falls lead to serious injuries, such as broken bones and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Every year in this country, 800,000 slip and fall victims are hospitalized for the serious injuries they sustain.
- Falls are the most common cause of TBIs.
It’s important to recognize the full physical, financial, and emotional impact of your slip and fall injuries to help ensure that you are compensated fairly – in support of your fullest recovery.
To bring a successful slip and fall claim, you’ll need to prove the other party’s fault in the matter, which comes down to demonstrating that the property owner or manager failed to take the reasonable precautions that other property owners reasonably take in similar circumstances. This includes engaging in regular maintenance around the premises, keeping indoor and outdoor walkways cleared of debris and other obstacles, cleaning up spills in a timely manner, and beyond.
The Elements of Your Claim
The elements required to bring a successful slip and fall claim in South Carolina include all the following:
- You were on the premises legally, which means you were a customer, client, patient, visitor, or any other kind of guest at the business in question.
- The property owner owed you a duty of care – or had a specific responsibility to your safety – which all property owners owe all guests.
- The property owner breached the duty of care owed to you by failing to put in the same reasonable effort that other property owners employed under similar circumstances.
- The property owner’s negligence was the direct cause of your slip and fall accident.
- You suffered legal damages – or losses – as a result of the slip and fall accident.
Your Legal Damages
In your slip and fall claim, you can seek compensation for your losses in each of the following categories:
- Your medical expenses, which may be ongoing
- Your lost wages, which can reflect losses in terms of earning potential
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering, which can be considerable
Discuss Your Claim with an Experienced Moncks Corner Slip and Fall Attorney Today
George Bishop at George P. Bishop Jr., PA – proudly serving Moncks Corner, South Carolina – is a practiced slip and fall accident attorney with decades of experience successfully guiding challenging claims like yours toward favorable resolutions that support his clients’ best interests and most complete recoveries. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call 843-761-8213 for more information today.
Our Practice Areas